Ta-daaaa! This is what you’ve been waiting for, guys. This is what I've been waiting for. Welcome to my new-look, custom designed blog!! I am so so so incredibly excited!
Ain’t it pretty? The design is simple, fresh and is very easy to navigate. This redesign has been a looong time in the making and I’m so ridiculously excited it’s finally gone live. The same old butter & jam has undergone a major facelift and I couldn’t be more excited.
I owe a huge thank-you to my amazing webdesigner who painstakingly brought all of my ideas to life. This design is everything I imagined it to be – if not better. Some of my requests were downright insane so I must take my hat off to her for putting up with me and my crazy ideas. She’s amazing. And incredibly patient. And super duper quick in replying to emails.
Let me talk you through a few new things I’ve added to the blog:
1) Even though you may already know a little about me, make sure you read the about me page again. I’ve updated that. You may learn a thing or two about me that you didn’t previously know before.
2) The recipe tab is by far the most exciting part of my blog redesign (no, not being biased here. You’ll love it too). You can now view all my recipes in a gallery format! So you can see the food at a glance, making it much easier to find and search for recipes. The gallery feature is something I’ve loved seeing on many other food blogs and so of course I just had to have one too. It makes navigation and searching for a recipe a lot simpler. This gallery may also be the cause for salivating or excessive drooling on you part. Beware.
3) Advertising. This is a new addition to the blog and is something I’ve wanted for a long, long time. You’ll have to click the link to read all the details but if you’ve ever wanted to promote your item/blog/website/product, then you’ve come to the right place. This website is growing at a fast rate and advertising here will give you excellent exposure for your product. Seeing as I’m from Australia, I’d especially love to support you Aussie people, but don’t worry if you’re not. I’d love to advertise your product just the same. I think my prices are pretty reasonable too, even if I do say so myself. Aren’t I just the most humble human being on the face of the planet? Ahem. See the page for all the details.
4) Contact. There’s nothing new or exciting there, I’m afraid. I love hearing from my readers so make sure you shoot me an email. Nothing is too small or silly or strange. If you have any question, suggestion or just want to say hi, then email me! I’d love to hear from you peeps.
5) FAQ. This is an addition that I thought would be fun to have and contains questions I commonly get asked, questions I’d ask blog owners myself, or just random bits of info that one may benefit from. If you have a question that’s not there yet but you think should be there, email me. Again, I’d love to hear from you.
6) Print feature. Due to complications (thank you ever so much for your cooperation, Blogger [sarcasm, in case you didn’t already sense this]), this feature isn’t one that worked out exactly as I hoped it would be, but hey. It’s a print feature nonetheless. To see it and to print the text (and recipe) from a post, you’ll have to click on the individual posts’ title and scroll to the very bottom of the page. Under the social media share buttons, you’ll see a ‘print’ button. Click that and you’ll even have the option of saving the text as a PDF file. Pretty nifty, huh?
7) I now have Instagram! And Google+! Go follow me guys. I am cool and you do not want to miss out on my coolness, do you?
8) I now have a blog button. You’ll find that on the right hand sidebar. You may have to scroll down a little to find it. Take that button and put it on your website, guys. It’ll make your website much prettier, I promise.
Make sure you’re following me on Facebook and Instagram, where I usually post behind-the-scenes pictures and other fun things. Google+ will make certain you see every post of mine and on Pinterest, you’ll get to see where a lot of my inspiration comes from so make sure you’re following me there too. You don’t want to miss a single recipe of mine, now do you?
So there you go! Do you like? I’d love to know what you think of the new design – can any improvements be made? Do you love it as is? Is it easy to navigate? I, for one, love it. But I could be biased, so I need your thoughts. Email me. Or leave a comment. I’m easy.
And because no post of mine is complete without a picture, here's an Instagram-edited, behind-the-scenes photo from this weekend: